What kind of distribution strategy a company | Homework Help
I was really impressed with the last paper you helped me with. I greatly need help with this assignment, please let me know if you can. By the way, I tried leaving a tip for that last paper and for whatever reason, the module wouldn’t allow me to do it. In fact, I tried doing it no less than 3 times and it won’t accept it. I have a $10 credit I wanted to give you but if you accept this I will tack that on and than some. Please let me know if you can help me out and give me price as soon as you can. The assignment is due by Oct 9, let me know if this is feasible. Take care.
Richardson, N. & Gosnay, R. (2010). Chapter 6: Right time, right place, right quantity, right condition. Creating Success: Develop Your Marketing Skills. Kogan Page Ltd., London, GBR.
Paley, N. (2007). Chapter 10: How to manage your distribution strategy. Marketing Strategy Desktop Guide (2nd Edition). London, GBR: Thorogood, London, GBR
As with all of the case assignments, make sure you’ve thoroughly reviewed both the Pearson tutorial and the required book chapters before starting on your paper. Make sure you thoroughly understand the concepts of intensive, exclusive, and selective distribution. Also, make sure you understand the concepts of direct versus indirect distribution.
For this assignment, you will be making recommendations for various situations as to what kind of distribution strategy a company should take. For each of the situations below, consider the pros and cons of each type of distribution strategy. Richardson and Gosnay (2010) and Paley (2007) both have detailed discussion of the pros and cons of extensive, intensive, and exclusive distribution and guidelines on whether to an indirect or direct distribution approach. Make sure to make use of both of these readings in your answer. But don’t just summarize these two readings, instead apply their concepts to your recommendations.
Once you have thoroughly reviewed the background readings, write a four to five page paper giving your recommendations on distribution strategy for the following situations:
- You have recently developed a very high quality shampoo that is one of the best in the industry. However, it is very expensive and you plan on selling it for $250 a bottle. Only very high income individuals will be able to afford it and you intend on it being a very prestigious product that movie stars and models will use. Should you use an indirect or direct distribution approach? And should you use an intensive, selective, or exclusive distribution approach? Explain your reasoning, and make sure to cite Richardson and Gosnay (2010) and Paley (2007) as part of your answer.
- You have started a new company that manufactures extremely inexpensive laptop computers. The laptops are not fancy, but still allow consumers to perform basic functions such as surfing the internet or using basic applications such as Word and Excel. You plan on offering the laptops for $150, and wish to reach as wide of a market as possible. Should you use an indirect or direct distribution approach? And should you use an intensive, selective, or exclusive distribution approach? Explain your reasoning, and make sure to cite Richardson and Gosnay (2010) and Paley (2007) as part of your answer.
- You have started a company that allows consumers to design their own clothes. Using your online technology, consumers can customize shirts, jackets, and other clothing items based on patterns they draw on their computer and their choice of fabrics and size. The designs are then turned over to a specialized factory that manufactures the clothing items. Should you use an indirect or direct distribution approach? And should you use an intensive, selective, or exclusive distribution approach? Explain your reasoning, and make sure to cite Richardson and Gosnay (2010) and Paley (2007) as part of your answer.
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the internet, make sure it is from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See theStudent Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13 and 14 on in-text citations.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.