What is the current shape of age structure for each country | Homework Help
Choose two countries in which to examine age structures. Choose countries that interest you, but also countries that you believe have different age structure shapes (i.e., one country that is growing, in population size and one that is shrinking or remaining stable in size) so that you can compare some basic demographic parameters. Identify each country and answer the following questions for each country. Before you answer these questions, you should make sure you understand what the terms mean by clicking on them. Do not use the U.S., Mexico, or Canada as these are the examples I used in class.
For the analysis, select Population Pyramid Graph to answer I and Demographic Overview to answer questions 2-7. Note: You can run your analyses for both countries and multiple years. For example, you can select 1995, 2014, 2025 and 2050 by holding down CTRL while selecting each year.
1. What is the current shape of the age structure for each country? Use the book and the class notes as a guide. Sketch them or copy the image and insert the image into your document.
2. How does the total fertility rate change for each country in the four time periods (1995, 2015, 2025 and 2050)? Why?
3. How does life expectancy change for each country in the four time periods? Why?
4. Do migration patterns change for each country in the four time periods?
5. What is growth rate for this country in the four time periods? This is r converted to percent (r *100). What the trend in growth for these countries?
6. Using the data you recorded in 2-4 as well as any other pertinent information (e.g., infant mortality rates), what could explain the differences in r through time for each country you observed in question 5?
7. What are the consequences for a country that is experiencing rapid population growth? What are the consequences for a country that is experiencing population decline?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.