Theory Identification and Analysis
In this first assignment, you are tasked with identifying a theory to apply to the characters and situations in the movie, Joe the King, as your foundational case study. Use the links provided in the Resources for guidance on finding relevant articles in the Capella University Library.
Be sure to read the instructions below carefully, and always review the scoring guide to be clear on the grading criteria.
Review the case study that has been provided. Identify the theory that you wish to apply to the case study. The bullet points below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide. You may also want to read the scoring guide to better understand the performance levels that relate to each grading criterion. For this paper you should:
- Integrate research-based knowledge and practice wisdom to identify key components of the selected theory.
- Critically evaluate the theory, citing academic resources to support your evaluation.
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of your selected theory, using examples to support your discussion.
- Evaluate the cultural competence of the theory.
- Apply assessment, intervention, and evaluation to identify potential implications of the theory on human behavior and development.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: Minimum of three scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: Minimum of four typed, double-spaced typed pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.