The Vega Food Company
Read the attached case study and answer the following questions in the report.
Vega Food Company Case Discussion Questions:
1. What are the key facts of this case?
2. What, in your opinion led Mari to sell her shares?
3. If you were Francisco, would you have called a family council meeting when he did? Why, why not?
4. To what do you attribute the improvement in family-business relationships in the last couple of years?
5. What are the major issues that Francisco and the Valle Family need to continue to address in order to insure the survival of the business?
6. What steps should Francisco take next?
7. What should Francisco do to promote shareholder loyalty and the effective governance of the family-business relationship in the future?