The guidelines for a dna extraction | Homework Help
Post a Lab Report following the guidelines for a DNA extraction. Try this for yourself at home following the information provided on the website. Please remember to include all parts of the lab report mentioned in the syllabus.
- Write a lab report to contain the following
- Title – a specific and accurate representation of the report’s results
- Abstract – a brief and concise summary of the research; a single paragraph that gives the experiment’s objectives, experimental design, results, and conclusions
- Introduction – background information, questions answered, and/or the hypothesis; this should be several paragraphs in length. Some things you can include are
- The background of DNA; how it was discovered
- The role of DNA in the body
- The importance of DNA in genetic testing, criminal cases, etc.
- Think of this section as a mini report
- Materials and Methods – this should include all information necessary to repeat the experiment; it must be narrative in style
- Results – this should include the data and observations in narrative form and can be accompanied by tables, figures, graphs, etc.
- Discussion – an interpretation of results, did you get what you expected to get, why or why not, what would you do differently the next time, etc.
- Please label each section of your lab report