Statement of Advice
Page 1 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
Assessment 2 Information
Subject Code: ACCM6000
Subject Name: Capstone
Assessment Title: Statement of Advice
Assessment Type: Competitive Analysis (Individual)
Weighting: 30 %
Total Marks: 45
Submission: Via Turnitin on MyKBS
Due Date: Tuesday of Week 6 at 19:55 AEST
Your Task Your task is to conduct a competitor analysis of your company against two other competitors. (Approximately 1,500 words).
Assessment Instructions Develop the competitor analysis as follows:
• Conduct five key forces (Porter) which impact on your industry competition.
• Perform the PEST analysis for your company and compare the differences against your two competitors.
• Conduct a benchmarking review covering internal benchmarking, external benchmarking and best-in-class benchmarking.
• Describe the threats, bargaining power and competitive rivalry.
• Prepare your statement of advice addressed to the company’s CEO on how your company differentiates itself from its competitors and what improvements can be made to your company.
After completing this Individual Assignment, you will be able to: 1) Research information about the selected companies (using multiple sources) 2) Conduct a PEST analysis 3) Benchmark your company against two of its competitors 4) Articulate and recommend courses of action to differentiate a business against its
Page 2 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy. What is academic integrity and misconduct? What are the penalties for academic misconduct? What are the late penalties? How can I appeal my grade? Click here for answers to these questions: http://www.kbs.edu.au/current-students/student-policies/.
Word Limits for Written Assessments Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Study Assistance Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Page 3 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline