State pepsin is an enzyme that breaks down protein | Homework Help
1) How would you test an unknown solution for: (a) sugar (b)fat (c) starch (d) protein?
2) Although pepsin is an enzyme that breaks down protein, a test for peptides is negative. Why?
3)How much larger than normal does an object appear with a low-power objective?
4) A test tube contains albumin and pepsin, a test for peptides is negative. Why?
5) Why is necessary to shake an oil and vinegal salad dressing before aIDing it to salad?
6) A test tube contains starch, pancreatic amylase, and water. The biuret test is negative. After 30 minutes, the Benedict’s test is positive. What substance is present?
7) What purpose is served when a test is done using water instead of a sample substance?
8) Predict the microscopic appearance of cells in the leaf tissue of a wilted plant
9) A test tube contains red blood cells and a salt solution. When the test tube is held up to a page, you can see the print. With reference to a concentration of 0.9% sodium chloride (NaCl), how concentrated is the salt solution?