Solution-Which of them describes the principle of social | Homework Help
1. Alice, a 16 year old girl, dislikes seafood right from her childhood. This enduring dislike for seafood is an attitude that she cultured from her mother. Which of the following is the attitude object in this case?
a. Alice’s mother
d. Alice’s childhood
2. Patrick did not like the food served in a social gathering, but he ate the food to please the organizers. Which of the following is a valid conclusion that you can make from Patrick’s behavior?
a. Most of Patrick’s attitudes are positive
b. Patrick is a low self monitor
c. Most of Patrick’s attitudes are negative
d. Patrick is a high self monitor
3. Craig Naples, a European professional footballer, features in an advertisement that recommends a certain brand of soccer shoes. However, the viewers do not consider Craig’s message as expert advice. Which of the following is the reason for this?
a. Individuals lack the ability to comprehend specific messages from experts.
b. Craig featured in the advertisement for his own self interest.
c. Viewers do not take expert advices on specific products or services.
d. Footballers are not considered experts when buying soccer shoes.
4. Dennis, a salesperson, is calling on a prospective client. He has had very little associations with the client and is meeting him for the first time. Which of the following statements is true of the first impression that Dennis will make of the client?
e. The first impression is likely to destroy Dennis’s self-concept.
f. The first impression will be very inaccurate.
g. The first impression is likely to be very accurate.
h. The first impression will be against Dennis’s self-belief
5. Jeff is approached by a salesperson. The salesperson fails to make a first impression and Jeff decides in the early minutes of the sales presentation itself that he will not buy anything from the salesperson. Which of the following phenomena is observed here?
a. Central traits principle
b. Incremental effect
c. Primacy effect
d. Covariation principle
6. Margret is the sales representative of a furniture manufacturer. She calls on the purchase executive of a large firm to introduce his company’s office furniture. Which of the following is a valid observation of this situation?
a. In this case, Margret is not aiming to obtain conformity.
b. Aggression is essential to apply influence in this situation.
c. In this case, the attempt to influence is obvious.
d. Margret cannot instigate informational conformity in this situation.
7. The Congress passes bills if those bills are accepted by most of the members. This is an example of _____.
a. informational influence
b. normative conformity
c. majority influence
d. internal conformity
8. People such as your friends, parents, and teachers influence you to make decisions. The ability that others have to influence you is called their _____.
a. personal influence
b. social dissonance
c. social power
d. psychological reactance
9. People are more attracted to faces that are more symmetrical in comparison to those that are less symmetrical. Which of the following statements is a valid explanation of this occurrence?
a. Symmetrical faces are uncommon and are noticed easily.
b. Symmetrical faces create masculine looks in individuals.
c. Symmetrical faces do not appear like an average face in the crowd.
d. Symmetrical faces are perceived to healthier than asymmetrical faces.
10. Which of the following describes the principle of social exchange?
a. People build relationships by exchanging services with others.
b. Women usually marry men who have higher social status than them.
c. People, on an average, attract partners who are similar to them.
d. Intelligent people often partner with people who are less intelligent.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.