Solution-What major artery branches into the coronary | Homework Help
Assignment: Virtual Bypass Surgery
Heart disease is the number one killer in the United States. One procedure to treat blockage in the arteries of the heart is bypass surgery. Someone you know may have already had this procedure; however, few people really realize what occurs during the surgery. The following lab will guide you through the steps of a virtual bypass surgery.
1. Identify the major structures and functions of the cardiovascular, respiratory, urinary, digestive, and immune systems.
2. Evaluate various risk factors for diseases within body systems.
3. Relate homeostatic imbalances to disease states.
4. Discuss various treatments, cures, and procedures for common diseases.
Computer with internet access
1. Go to the following website: http://www.abc.net.au/science/lcs/swf/heart.swf
2. Click on ENTER
3. Click on ANATOMY to review the anatomy of the heart.
4. When you are ready to conduct the surgery:
a. Select INTERN from the three choices provided (Intern, Surgeon, Specialist). This will allow you more time.
b. Make sure you read all information on the screen.
5. Type all answers directly on the data sheet.
6. Select Save As, and use your last name and student ID as a file name.
7. Upload the data sheet as a .doc, .docx, or .rtf file when finished.
Questions 1 – 10 are short answer questions and should be answered in two to three words or one to two complete sentences.
1. What major artery branches into the coronary arteries?
2. What chamber of the heart pumps oxygen-poor blood to the lungs?
3. How large is the average human heart?
4. What is the purpose of the sedative that is injected prior to surgery?
5. Why is antibacterial soap used to scrub the chest prior to surgery?
6. Which member of the surgery team is responsible for assessing how the heart is functioning during surgery?
7. What vein is harvested from the leg to be grafted to the heart?
8. What is the name of the membranous sac that encloses the heart?
9. What is injected into the heart to stop it from beating?
10. What is the purpose of the drug protamine?
Question 11 is an extended response question. Your response should be at least 200 words.
The American Heart Association is a national voluntary health agency to help reduce disability and death from cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Click here or copy and paste the URL below into your web browser to read the article and answer the question:
11. Based on the key screening tests recommended for optimal cardiovascular health and coronary heart disease risk factors listed, what are your risk factors? Are you healthy? Do you know the answers to all of the tests listed? What are some things that you might change in your life or your family’s lives in order to reduce your risk factors? You can view helpful information under each of the tabs at the top of the site.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.