Solution-What is the genotype of a man who has sickle-cell | Homework Help
Genetics Laboratory Worksheet – All answers must be hand-written!
1. Complete the sex-linked virtual laboratory journal analysis questions.
2. Complete the heterozygous-by-heterozygous cross below. What is the phenotypic ratio?
3. Complete the heterozygous-by-homozygous cross below. What is the genotypic ratio?
4. Complete the cross of a color blind man and a normal-visioned woman.
5. A woman with normal color vision, whose father was color blind, marries a man with normal color vision. What do you expect to see among their offspring?
What would you expect to see if it was the normal-visioned man’s father who was color blind?
6. What is the genotype of a man who has sickle-cell trait?
7. Name a common trisomy.
8. Dimples (D) are dominant over no dimples (d). Jane’s parents both have dimples, but she does not. What are her parents’ genotypes.
9. Jane’s father is blood type A and Jane’s mother is blood type B. Jane is blood type O. Draw a Punnett Square demonstrating these genotypes.
10. Explain what is meant by incomplete dominance. Provide an example.
11. A couple has taken their youngest child to their family physician because they are concerned that the child is having difficulty breathing and frequently complains of stomach aches. Neither parent has had such experiences. The couple has 3 other children who have never presented such symptoms. This is most likely an ________ _______ trait. The chance of each child having such a disorder is _____%. What is the genotype of the father?_______ What is the genotype of the mother?
12. Huntington’s disease is a neurological disorder that leads to progressive degeneration of brain cells. Assuming that one parent is heterozygous for Huntington’s and the other parent does not have the disease, what are the chances that their children will have Huntington’s disease?
13. List the resulting gametes formed from nondisjunction in meiosis I in a female. Nondisjunction in meiosis II results in the formation of which type of gametes in males?
14. A male with chromosome pattern XYY has _____syndrome.
15. Complete the following dihybrid cross. What is the phenotypic ratio?
16. Complete the following dihybrid cross. What is the phenotypic ratio?