Solution-List three ways person can best become | Homework Help
The questions must be answered in APA format with a 100 word minimum and using the uploaded book. Please cite each answer.
The reference is:
Daempfle, P. (2016). Essential biology: An applied approach. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
1. List 3 ways a person can best become biologically literate.
2. According to the characteristics of life discussed in the course, a rock is not considered life. Choose one characteristic of life to defend why a rock is not life.
3. Name two kingdoms described in the six-kingdom system of taxonomy. Describe two differences between the two kingdoms. How are the two kingdoms the same?
4. Compare how ionic, covalent and polar covalent bonds differ from each other. Be sure to include the following terms in your comparison: electronegativity, polarity and stability?
5. For question #4 above, give an example of a compound formed by each of the bonds described and explain how it formed. Make sure to include the electron arrangement around the atoms.
6. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Describe how the activities of the single celled Amoeba are dependent upon ATP.
7. Why is carbon the backbone of life? Describe the characteristics of carbon that make it our unique building block.
8. Define the following terms: passive transport, active transport and receptor-mediated endocytosis. List one way each of the terms differs from the others.
9. ATP plays a major role in life’s processes. Explain how the sodium-potassium pump plays a role in secondary active transport.
10. Explain what is involved with the fluid mosaic model of the cell. In aIDition, specify which macromolecules are involved and describe the role(s) associated with them.
11. A battle between an amoeba and a single-celled protist, chilomonas ensues. The amoeba wins, but the large piece of chilomonas is too big to pass through the plasma membrane of the amoeba to eat. Describe the process by which the amoeba absorbs and digests the chilomonas.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.