Solution-Is moist heat more effective than dry heat and why | Homework Help
Create a 2- to 3-page document in Microsoft Word for providing answers to questions in the following review sheets:
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Exercise 1: Moist and dry heat
1. How are microorganisms destroyed by moist heat? By dry heat?
2. Are some microorganisms more resistant to heat than others? Why?
3. Is moist heat more effective than dry heat? Why?
4. Why does dry heat require higher temperatures for longer time periods to sterilize than does moist heat?
5. What is the relationship of time to temperature in heat sterilization? Explain.
Exercise 2: The autoclave
1. Define the principles of sterilization with an autoclave and with a dry heat oven.
2. What pressure, temperature, and time are used in routine autoclaving?
3. What factors determine the time period necessary for steam-pressure sterilization? Dry-heat oven sterilization?
4. Why is it necessary to use bacteriologic controls to monitor heat- sterilization techniques?
5. When running an endospore control of autoclaving technique, why is one endospore preparation incubated without heating?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.