Solution-How does giardia infect aIDitional animals or | Homework Help
In our world Cells come in two basic types-
Prokaryotic Cells – Bacterial & Archaea
Eukaryotic Cells – Plant, Animal, Protist, and Fungi (Yeasts are single celled fungi)
Use your book and/or this video lesson to
List the major differences between Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes-
Robert Hooke- was the first scientist to use the biological term cell as he described thin slices of cork.
Images from “Robert Hooke’s famous cork cell experiment-
View a sample of cork from a wine bottle:
– Sketch the cork cells you are viewing and label the parts of the cell that you observe.
– What type of cells are the cork cells you are viewing?
– From what species are traditional corks typically made of? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cork_(material)
– Are mature cork cells alive or dead? http://www.microscopyu.com/gallery-images/cork-cells-1
1. Look at the living plant Elodea.
– Draw what you see and label the cell wall and chloroplasts.
2. AID some salt water to the slide and look at it again.
– Draw what you see.
– What happened to the cell after the salt water was aIDed?
Paste images of your plant cell drawings here:
In lecture we learned that most plants store extra sugar (glucose) as starch.
3. Look at a potato cell and stain it with iodine.
– Draw what you see. (Iodine stains starch grains a dark purple)
– In what structures are starch grains stored in a plant cell?
1. Look at red blood cell samples of humans, birds, and fish
– How does human “mammalian blood” differ from non-mammal animal blood?
– How is this difference possible? https://www.reference.com/science/human-blood-differ-animal-blood-a047b4136676a8c7
Viewing the Human Cheek Cell-
Tutorial videos for viewing human cheek cells- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2x3MKSJez4
– Prepare your own human cheek cells on a microscope slide and examine them under the microscope.
? Sketch your human cheek cells and be sure to label your magnification
– Take a picture of your sketches & paste it here:
? Cut & paste some aIDitional online digital images of human cheek cells:
Virtual Gram Staining Lab- https://www.brainpop.com/games/virtuallabsgramstaining/
Gram Staining Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embeIDed&v=vlnIDGmgQfk
History & Technique http://vlab.amrita.edu/?sub=3&brch=73&sim=208&cnt=1
(You don’t have to do the virtual lab just use the information to answer the following questions)
Why do gram positive bacteria stain purple?Why do gram negative bacteria stain red?
Real World Application Questions- (Use Google or the links I have provided to find your answers)
Giardia the most common parasitic protistexist as cysts in the feces of animals-
1. How does Giardia infect aIDitional animals or humans-
2. What are the symptoms of Giardia?
Read the interesting feature section of this Microbewiki link Giardia-
3. Why is the fact that giardia lack mitochondria is significant?
4. How is this research is giving a new twist to this ancient eukaryote?
5. What is the most common pathogenic protist to infect humans in industrialized countries and Why?
6. What microscopic parasite causes Malaria and how do humans become infected?
7. What is the life cycle of the malaria parasite?
8. Volvox- One of the seven wonders of the microscopic world-
A photosynthetic freshwater algae that eat bacteria.
Why are Volvox and other photosynthetic freshwater algae biologically important?
Cytoplasmic Streaming In Plant Cells- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB5rvjZzgFU
9. Describe cytoplasmic streaming and why it is important-
10. What is kelp and why are kelp forests important?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.