Solution-How do microscopes help us study cells | Homework Help
1. In an inherited condition called glycogen cardiomyopthy teenagers develop muscle weakness which affects heart as well as other muscles. Samples of the affected muscle cells contain huge lysosomes, swollen with the carbohydrate glycogen. How might this condition arise?
2. Why does a muscle cell conatin many mitochondrion while a white blood cell contain many lysosomes?
3. Exposure to tobacco smoke immobilizes cilia and they eventually disappear. How might this effect explain why smokers have an increased incidence of coughing and respiratory infections?
4. What is the cellular difference between a prokaryote and eukaryote?
5. Why are cells small?
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the light, scanner and trasmission electron microscopes?
7. How do microscopes help us study cells?