Solution-Explain the process of dna transcription to a | Homework Help
There is a 100 word minimum for each question. Any materials used in answering the questions must be put in your own words and the reference(s) must be properly cited.
1. One strand of a single DNA helix is labeled red while the other strand of the same DNA helix is labeled blue. This double helix DNA is replicated through the process of semi-conservative replication. Note that a completely newly synthesized strand of DNA will be white. Predict what the colors of the newly replicated DNAs (both strands) would be, explaining your prediction based on your understanding of semi-conservative replication.
2. Explain the process of DNA transcription to a friend. What are the main results of the process? Do the same for translation.
3. Transcribe and translate the following sequence of DNA: TTAACGCCA. There is a mutation that resulted in AAA being inserted after G. Predict how this mutation would impact the product of translation.
4. Describe how porphyria affects the health of those inheriting it. Describe the mechanism by which porphyria is inherited. How does porphyria get portrayed as vampirism in history? Is it justified? Why or why not? (6.1)
5. A man with AB blood and a woman with O blood have a child. What is the genotype and phenotype of both the man and woman? Is it possible for them to have a child with O blood? Explain. Also, explain what type of inheritance the ABO blood system demonstrates.
6. Two heterozygote tongue rollers (dominant trait) have a child. What percentage of individuals would be predicted to be heterozygotes, homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive? What is the only genotype of two parents that would ensure that their offspring could not roll their tongue (recessive trait)? Explain your reasoning.