Solution-Describe your topic and what current research has | Homework Help
Assignment: Informational Booklet
AIDresses course outcome 4:
weigh and make health-related decisions based on an understanding of the value and limits of scientific knowledge and the scientific method
Choose and research a topic related to human biology. Imagine that you are creating a small booklet that will become available at a local health clinic. The booklet should be educational and understandable by the general public. You may select one topic that relates to a disease that may interest you because of your own health or family history. Your paper should be at least 4 pages (double-spaced) long. This does not include references or any figures.
1. Select one of the suggested topics above (you may also choose a topic not listed above).
2. Find articles related to the topic. You can find assistance with searching for articles at the UMUC Library Subject Guides at http://libguides.umuc.edu/science.
3. Remember that this is a booklet. Write about 4 pages (double-spaced), excluding references and figures. You may include pictures, tables and other material but please include all references. You should cite information in the text from at least five sources (including books, journals, and the Internet). You may not use online encyclopedias as a source more than once. Use APA style for citing references (see http://www.umuc.edu/library/guides/apa.html). All source material should be paraphrased or summarized in your own words. You should have no more than one direct short quote (less than 40 words) and no long quotes (more than 40 words) in your booklet.
4. The sections of your booklet should include a title; an introduction that defines/describes your topic and what current/ongoing research has discovered about this topic; backgroundinformation on what healthy organ system(s) is/are affected by the topic; the mechanism of action (e.g., how does the topic disrupt homeostasis? how does a disease spread and infect a person?); its symptoms and how it is diagnosed; current treatmentoptions; and your references. You may include aIDitional sections as necessary to cover your particular topic.
5. Please keep in mind that the audience for your informational booklet is the general public. Your explanations and uses of evidence, illustrations, or other definitive details should be appropriate for the reader; your language should aid the reader’s understanding of the subject (including definitions where appropriate); you should use information logically, and provide conflicting evidence and research where appropriate.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.