Solution-Compare diffusion and osmosis | Homework Help
Problem 1: Diffusion
Define the following terms
- Concentration gradient
- Dynamic equilibrium
Problem 2 – Factors influencing rate of diffusion
Predict how molecule size and temperature will affect the outcome of this experiment
Record the data from the information in the lab
What effect did temperature have on the rate of diffusion
How did molecule size affect the rate of diffusion
Problem 3: Effect of solute concentration on rate of osmosis
Subtract the beginning mass from the final mass for each of the five bags. Record the difference in the table below:
Problem 4: Plasmolysis in Elodea cells
Label which sample is turgid and which is plasmolyzed (Answer 1 in each column). Label the cell wall, central vacuole, plasma membrane, and chloroplasts on each slide. For a more detailed view of the slides below, increase the document size to 150%
Problem 5: Tonicity in red blood cells
Record your observations for each tube in the table below
1. Compare diffusion and osmosis. Give an example of each.
2. In which direction will osmosis occur if a 15% sugar solution is separated from a 25% sugar solution by a differentially permeable membrane?
3. Why did osmosis, but not diffusion of sucrose molecules, occur across the dialysis membrane containing 20% sucrose solution?
4. You are having a party and the celery has become limp. What might you do to make the celery crisp (turgid) again? What is occurring in the cells?
5. A small amount of fertilizer (mineral salts) will stimulate plant growth, but over fertilization can kill plants? Why?
6. A person aIDs sugar to coffee. Explain what in this drink is the solvent, solute, and solution.
7. You aID a cube of sugar to your drink. How could you speed up the diffusion of sugar molecules without stirring?
8. How is dynamic equilibrium established within a solution?
9. How is an unknown solution tested for the presence of starch?
10. How would an unknown solution be tested for the presence of chloride ions?
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.