Solution-Briefly describe the three-domain system of | Homework Help
Part A: Answer each of the following questions in one or two paragraphs.
1. Create two Punnett squares to display the outcome of the Fl generation and F2 gener¬ation from one of Mendel’s experiments with pea plants. Use the letter F to represent flower color, with purple as the dominant allele and white as the recessive allele. For each cross, what percent of the offspring is predicted to have each phenotype?
2. Beginning with fertilization, describe the main stages of animal development. Give a brief, simplified description of each stage.
3. Describe the process of natural selection in detail.
Part B: Answer each of the following questions in two to five sentences. Each answer is worth 4 points.
1. Briefly describe the three-domain system of classification.
2. Explain the difference between a scientific theory and a scientific law.
3. What are the functions of the three specialized tissues in plants? In which of these tissues does photosynthesis occur?
4. Describe the process of crossing-over during meiosis and explain the importance of crossing-over.
5. Briefly describe the three kinds of natural selection: directional, stabilizing, and disruptive.
6. Explain the difference between ionic bonds and covalent bonds.
7. Define cell. What are the two main tenets of cell theory?
8. What is the difference between protostomes and deuterostomes? Among living organisms, name at least one phylum example of each of these.
9. Briefly explain the functions of sensory neurons, interneurons, and motor neurons in the nervous system.
10. In the context of the science of ecology and the concept of niche specialization, briefly explain the competitive exclusion principle and resource portioning.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.