You will watch the Television show “The Wire” and base the reflection on one of sociological issues covered in class and/or the textbook. Concepts relevant to that issue will need to be discussed in the analysis as art imitates life you want to review social norms, patterns of interaction, and group behavior.
Please note: You must watch the movie or a television show. It is not acceptable to write about a something that was previously watched.
This assignment should get you thinking about the different topics that we will cover throughout the class. Sociology is such a broad discipline that relates to every aspect of our lives and influences in many ways. By watching a movie or analyzing an episode of an ensemble television show, this will provide you the opportunity to analyze and apply the different information you have learned. Please pay specific attention to social theory application and use terms that are related to sociology. Below you will find a list of questions help you start to think about your movie analysis.
1. What issues relevant to sociology did you observe?
2. Explain the relationships between the characters as they relate to your chosen sociological issue.
3. What processes of socialization do you see evident in the interactions between the characters?
4. Provide at least five examples of key sociological concepts/terms that were demonstrated throughout the movie or episode.
5. Apply at least one theoretical perspective (functionalism, conflict theory, symbolic interactionism) to the analysis of the causes of the interactions between the characters.
6. Did this movie or television show confirm or refute any stereotypes associated with your sociological issue? Defend your answer.
7. Explain how the movie or television helped to clarify specific sociological ideas, themes, and perspectives on interaction.
Your movie analysis should be professionally presented and formatted using APA style. Concepts relevant to that issue will need to be discussed in the analysis as art imitates life you want to review social norms, patterns of interaction, and group behavior. Address the questions above. This paper should be approximately 2-4 pages not counting the title page and reference section. Be sure to cite the textbook and use when addressing the questions above.
Comments from Customer
You can access the course book at this link.