Sequencing Appropriate Actions | Homework Help
Sequencing Appropriate Actions
I. Sequencing Appropriate Actions: In each of the following situations, determine what action you would take first, second, and third, and write them in order.
1. Laura and her friend Sam are playing house. Laura decides that she wants the doll that Sam is playing with. Laura tries to take the doll away from Sam. When Sam does not let go Laura bites Sam on the arm. Sam lets out a painful cry.
2. Angela, age 18 months is having a temper tantrum. She wants to play with the truck that Paul is playing right now. Angela throws herself on the floor and begins to cry loudly.
3. In a mixed age classroom you hear the piercing wail of an infant near the changing area, where you cannot see, at the same time Richard is toIDling toward a doorway someone has left ajar, and Michelle, who is the same age, is calling from her crib to get up.
II. Talking to infants: In each instance below, you will be interacting with an infant. WRITE WHAT YOU WOULD SAY, under each episode. From one to three complete sentences are enough. Also, indicate what you would do.
1. Judy is one month old. She is wet and crying.
2. Bobby is 10 months old and has offered you a small truck.
3. After nap time, Joan is peering over the crib onto the floor. She has just thrown out her last toy.
III. Identifying situations in which infants are getting appropriate care and interaction: In each of the following situations, write in the blank a P for a positive setting and an N for a negative setting.
_______ 1. There are two adults and five children above the age of 14 months. Both teachers are actively engaged with all five children and are positioned in the room to where if one or two moved to another area they would still be able to see them. One of the teachers leaves the room and takes two of the children with her.
_______ 2. The room is attractive, clean and well supplied with toys. The children are asleep, playing by themselves, or looking at the players from infant seats. The two teachers are sitting together and are busy discussing a party they attended the evening before.
_______ 3. The seven toIDlers are playing happily with the toys scattered about their area. Two others are in separate playpens, where they have spent most o f the morning. The adult is silently looking at all of them play from a corner vantage point.
IV. Multiple Choice
1. The link between the childÃ¢¬¢s home and his/her health care provider is an example of the ____________system in BronfenbrennerÃ¢¬¢s ecological theory.
2. The National Association for the Education of Young Children developed a recommendation adult-child ratio in early childhood classrooms in order to enhance the quality of early childhood education. This is an example of the ____________system in BronfenbrennerÃ¢¬¢s ecological theory.
3. Which of the following provides the best example of the macrosystem as described in BronfenbrennerÃ¢¬¢s ecological theory.
a. Students interact directly with their teachers.
b. A parent attends a parent-teacher conference with the student.
c. Society progresses toward acceptability of females serving in top administrative roles in the schools.
d. School approves increased funding for libraries.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.