Research paper: skeleton
Use the links below and any other research material to answer the question bellow:
Written in Bone: Forensic Files of the 17th Century Chesapeake. Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History. Retrieved April 16, 2018, from https://anthropology.si.edu/writteninbone/index.html
1. What is the last bone to complete its growth?
2. How are teeth used to estimate age?
3. What is bone “remodeling” and how can it be used to determine age?
4. What is the sciatic notch? How can it be used to determine gender?
Learning from Skeletons. Retrieved April 16, 2018, from http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/techniques/forensic_feature.html
1. How can the skull be used to determine age?
2. How is the pelvis of a female different from the pelvis of a male?
3. What can the hand bones tell you about the deceased?
4. Select one case file from the website above (see the menu bar on the right, examples include Mystery Moran, My Indiana Home). Describe the case and the key evidence used to solve it.