Qualitative Research Worksheet TEMPLATE 2020
This is a Nursing Research Class NUR4165, we are using a book called Essentials of Nursing Research, ninth edition 2018, by Denise Polit and Cheryl Tatano Beck, the worksheet need to be completed and cite when applicable
Qualitative Research Worksheet TEMPLATE_2020
Based on your text, course readings, and resources, answer the following questions. Please note this worksheet assignment will be a helpful reference. You may answer in brief statements (however clearly communicated). PLEASE use this template to add your answers and save as a word document (include your last name in the subject title when saving the document). – Please APA cite and list references used. (May cite a line item [1-8] and individual items [a,b,c, … i, ii…] if a different source.) Please refer to the worksheet rubric as a guide.
- Purpose: Quantitative vs. Qualitative
- How does the purpose (aim of the study) differ between qualitative and quantitative research?
- Rigor refers to the trustworthiness of qualitative data. What constitutes rigor in qualitative research – define each component? (hint – credibility, dependability, confirmability, transferability)
- How is the role of the researcher different in qualitative and quantitative?
- Define in your own words:
- Symbolic Interactionism
- Data Saturation
- Matchthe type of research to the study: Which title suggests that the type of study that might have been conducted?
- Grounded Theory
______ Knowles, A. (2011).Resilienceamong Japanese atomic bomb survivors.
International Nursing Review, 58(1), 54-60.
_______ Melincavage, S. M. (2011). Student nurses’ experiences of anxiety in the
clinical setting. Nurse Education Today, 31(8), 785-789.
_______Fairman, J. A., &Okoye, S. M. (2011). Nursing for the Future, from the Past:
Two Reports on Nursing from the Institute of Medicine. Journal Of Nursing
Education, 50(6), 305-312.
_______ Langford, D. (1996). Predicting unpredictability: a model of women’s processes
of predicting battering men’s violence.Scholarly Inquiry For Nursing
Practice, 10(4), 371.
- Briefly explain how are the steps (below) in the qualitative process differ from the quantitative process?
(For Qualitative:…For Quantitative…)
- Selecting a framework/design
- Selecting a sample/participants
- Conducting a review of literature
- Collecting data
- Analyzing data
- Reporting results
Please list references used: