Public relations crisis in a nonprofit organization
Research a nonprofit organization that has faced a public relations crisis within the past few years.
Imagine that you were employed at this nonprofit at the time of the crisis and were tasked by the Board of Directors to develop a public relations plan to persuade the public that the facts of the matter are not as bad as what has been reported in the media.
Write a 4-5 page paper in which you:
- State the name of the organization and describe what its mission and purpose.
- Explain in detail the facts of the event that generated the negative publicity and why this situation would create negative publicity.
- Create the specific goals your campaign will try to achieve, and justify why you chose these goals.
- Design and explain the steps you will take to achieve your goals.
- Compose an evaluation plan and explain how you will use it to assess the outcome of your campaign.
The assignment must:
Use of the new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides;
Citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format.
Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.