Miss Evers’ Boys.
View the movie Miss Evers’ Boys.
Write a 2-4 page paper that responds to the questions below.
Please use full sentences and cite specific examples from the movie where relevant. Make sure to use headings to help me know where your answers to each question are in the paper. Responses do not need to be in APA style, though this is a good time to practice using APA guidelines for your written work (e.g. citations).
1. What were the positive and negative consequences of the study depicted in the movie for the researchers?
2. Did the study cause harm or injury for the men who participated in it? If so, describe the nature of the harm, or injury they suffered? Did the study have any benefits for the men, their families or the community?
3. If Nurse Evers had been a social worker, describe the things that Nurse Evers did and said that violates the code of ethics for social workers (for your reference: https://www.socialworkers.org/about/ethics/code-of-ethics (Links to an external site.)).
4. What procedures or things could or should have been undertaken in order not to cause harm or injury to the participants in the study?
5. What conflict did Nurse Evers experience as a practitioner/researcher?
Identify a few (2-3) areas where power influenced the study participants, researchers, and other stakeholders – think about race, class, gender, education, etc. How could the influence of power be mitigated in the design of a study?