Major operating systems.
Projects provide additional opportunity for you to apply what you learned from the chapter.
Open a browser and connect to the Computer Hope (computerhope.com) website. This site contains tips and information on desktop computing. At this time the home page contains a link titled “History,” on the far right of the page. Click this link. On the Computer history page you will find links to many topics.
Find the history links titled:
- Apple operating system history
- MS-DOS history
- Microsoft Windows history
- UNIX, Linux, and variant history
Prepare a short (3- to 4-paragraph) paper on the subject:
- Compare and contrast the nature and pace of development for these major operating systems.
- Describe the differences in the overall development tracks and theorize about some possible explanations for the differences they find.
- Create ONLY 1 Word-type document (.rtf or .doc(x) from MS Word, OpenOffice, Google Doc, etc.)