LOBBY VISIT REFLECTION
PLEASE DO A COVER LETTER AND READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THE NOTE THAT I PROVIDED IS NOT MUCH I DIDN’T GET A APPOINTMENT WITH MY DISTRIC BUT THE BILLS WE were LOBBYING FOR AND THE REPRESENTATIVE THAT THEY OFFICE GAVE US THE APPOINTMENT IS DISTRICT 37 LOOK into LOBBY DAY AND RESEARCH AND TALK ON THE BILL THAT MRS. SALDENO SUPPORT. GET A VIEW OF HER ONLINE PLEASE.
THIS ARE THE NAME OF MY CLASSMATE that ask the question in the meeting Caroline and Jaime and Gabriella and Molly was the recorder or the notes few more student including myself was present in this meeting and several more.
CITE AS many cites NEEDED
THIS IS THE DISTRIC I BELONG TO BUT I COULD NOT GET A REPRESENTATIVE TO GET BACK TO ME FOR A MEETING BUT I WENT TO SEATTLE AND MY CLASSMATE REPRESENTIVE. DID RESPONDED AND ALSO IS THE BILLS WE WANTED TO LOBBY FOR SO WE WENT WITH DISTRICT 37 REPRESENTETIVE WHICH WE SAW HER ASISTANCE
THE BILLS AND LAWS WE WANTED TO HAVE PASS OR SUPPORT
District 37 Legislators
Sen. Saldaña, Rebecca
Rep. Santos, Sharon Tomiko T
Rep. Pettigrew, Eric
MY DISTRIC REPRESENTATIVE
District 10 Legislators
U.S. Senator Maria Cantwell
U.S. Senator Patty Murray
U.S. Representative Denny Heck
District 22 Legislators
Sen. Hunt, Sam W
Rep. Dolan, Laurie
Rep. Doglio, Beth
For this assignment, you will conduct a lobby visit in Olympia with NASW on Feb. 17 and write about it.
NASW-WA State Policy Conference (Lobby Day) in Olympia, Washington
Date: Monday, February 17, 2020
Start Time: 9:00am End Time: 4:00pm
Address: First Christian Church 701 Franklin Street Southeast Olympia, WA 98501
To get the full credit, here are the 8 steps you need to take:
1. Use this to find your legislators: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder (Links to an external site.)
2. Once you know who your representatives are, contact their offices and make appointments for February 17, between 12pm-3pm
3. Register for lobby day with NASW-WA, so they know you will be participating. https://nasw-wa.org/event-registration/?ee=243 (Links to an external site.)
4. If you need a ride to lobby day, you must register for one in advance (see me for details about how to do that).
5. Attend Seattle University’s pre- Lobby Day training. (More info provided in class.)
6. Attend NASW’s briefing from 9am-12pm at First Christian Church, 701 Franklin Street Southeast, Olympia, WA 98501
7. Attend your Lobby Visits with your representatives between 12pm-3pm
8. Write a brief paper (2-3 pages long) describing your experiences.
• Describe the training you received in the morning, and your impressions of it.
• Then describe the lobby visits you went on in the afternoon: what you lobbied for, who you met with, a description of the meeting,
• Then analyze the lobby meetings, offering your thoughts about how they went.