How many genes are in dna | Homework Help
1. The study of anatomy and physiology will change in the next ten years because unknown information will be discovered. Studies and research are done every day. We learn something new about anatomy and physiology all the time. We learn how different foods help or harm the body. A lot has been found out about what Alzheimer’s is and how it changes physiology. In ten years, the exact treatment and cause will be pin pointed. The body has structures that their function is unknown. For example, the thymic corpuscle’s function is unknown. In ten years, the function will probably be discovered. The way the body is designed and most of the functions will not change. There will be just more detailed information on the anatomy and physiology of the human body
2. The genome project has provided physiologist a way to map out genes. From this map, they can pin point certain abnormalities in chromosomes and what chromosome contributes to diseases. Tests can be performed to find abnormalities in chromosomes. Physiologist understood that some diseases are caused by gene abnormalities. Down’s syndrome was not fully understood until the genome project. Physiologists know how many genes are in DNA and know that there may be more undetected. They can research how genes are affected by environmental factors, such as radiation and sun. Gene splicing is a controversial procedure used to try to fix abnormal DNA.
3. The article I read about links macular degeneration with a lack of the hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandro-sterone). Dr. Rozakis, an eye surgeon, hopes to prevent macular degeneration by using natural hormones. He introduces this new theory to prevent the disease that causes blindness. The disease mostly affects people over sixty-five. The doctor is testing out his theory and setting up trials. The doctor is using natural hormones to test his theory. He believes that, “Replacing the hormones lost with age will help combat macular degeneration”. Dr. Rozakis hooked up with a cardiovascular surgeon to further investigate the link between low levels of hormones and macular degeneration. To further the claim, they believe that low levels of DHEA affect cardiovascular health. This article and new theory applies to the lab experiment we did in week one. The lab dealt with hormones and how they affected metabolism. The lab also explored hormone replacement. The article related to the lab because Dr. Rozakis is trying to prove that macular degeneration can be prevented by treating people with hormone replacements when levels become low. The article also relates to the lab experiment done in week three. The lab experiment was about cardiovascular dynamics. The lab showed us how different factors such as blood vessel resistance can affect blood flow and pressure. People with low DHEA levels and macular degeneration had a higher risk of having a stroke or heart disease.
4. From my research, I have found a woman who lived until the age of 115. The woman was resilient and fought off breast cancer at the age of 100 years old. The website reports that the woman lived so long due to the woman’s so called “super genes” reports that the woman is one of the few thirty people who have lived longer than 115 years old. While it is possible to live until the age of 120 or more, it does not occur very often. From what I have learned, eating a well-balanced diet and exercising can help you live longer. Especially in the time we live in, medical advancements help prolong life. A woman who is 130 years old claims, “She has never visited a doctor. According to Dailymail, “She believes that she lived so long because she has a sense of humor”. If someone is taking care of themselves, it is possible to live to 130 years. The body is tough and can help the body fight infection and disease. When one body system is in trouble, other body systems step in to keep homeostasis. The kidneys excrete waste and blood vessels can dilate or constrict to regulate blood pressure. The immune system helps protect against illness and can produce antibodies to fight off pathogens than manage to invade the body. The respiratory system can compensate for changes in oxygen and carbon dioxide levels. When the body cannot compensate changes anymore, the body will stop working and death will occur.
5. The overall underlying theme I found that connects all body systems is that they work together as a team to keep homeostasis. While body systems have their unique functions, one body system could not function independently. While the lungs excrete carbon dioxide, it would not be able to do its job without the cardiovascular system. The carbon dioxide has to be carried to the lungs. The urinary system and endocrine system help control water loss and water gain. The extra fluid can be excreted in urine, but hormones released help the fluid reach the blaIDer. The digestive system needs hormones to help break down food. Pregnancy and labor are dependent on hormones that help maintain the pregnancy and get labor underway. In order to have an understanding about how the body works, one must learn about all body systems. When one system is imbalanced, other body systems can step in to help maintain homeostasis. For example, the integumentary system, cardiovascular system, and nervous system all help regulate temperature. When we are hot, the nervous system will detect changes in body temperature. The nervous system will send the message and the blood vessels will dilate.
We've got everything to become your favourite writing service
Money back guarantee
Your money is safe. Even if we fail to satisfy your expectations, you can always request a refund and get your money back.
We don’t share your private information with anyone. What happens on our website stays on our website.
Our service is legit
We provide you with a sample paper on the topic you need, and this kind of academic assistance is perfectly legitimate.
Get a plagiarism-free paper
We check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software, so you get a unique paper written for your particular purposes.
We can help with urgent tasks
Need a paper tomorrow? We can write it even while you’re sleeping. Place an order now and get your paper in 8 hours.
Pay a fair price
Our prices depend on urgency. If you want a cheap essay, place your order in advance. Our prices start from $11 per page.