How does each of your mutations affect the amino | Homework Help
1. How does each of your mutations affect the amino acid sequences?
Are the mutations missense mutations, silent mutations or nonsense mutations?
2. What differences did you notice between the point mutation and the frameshift mutations?
3.Is it possible to determine the DNA sequence from the following amino acid sequence?: Leu Pro Arg. Why or Why not?
1. How long are each of your peptide chains (how many amino acids are present)?
2. What differences exist between your two transcripts? What about your translated product?
3. Hb A represents a section of the 626 base normal hemoglobin beta mRNA sequence. Hb S is from the sickle cell hemoglobin. Is the mutation found in sickle cell hemoglobin a point mutation or a frameshift mutation?
4. Does the sickle cell mutation result in a missense mutation, silent mutation or nonsense mutation? Why?