Your Week 3 assignment is important, because it will give you the chance to interview someone in healthcare finance. To help prepare for this assignment, you should submit a draft of your Interview Guide for instructor feedback. You have been provided 7 questions (they are included below. You have been asked to provide 3 additional questions. For this activity, include the following:
- A list of all 10 questions: The first 7 are provided below and then include 3 questions that you create for this assignment.
- A rationale (50–100 words for each question) for the additional questions.
In total this assignment should be 1–2 pages in length and submitted as a document file.
Provided interview questions:
- Can you tell me about your role within your organization? What are your duties and responsibilities? How long have you been in this role?
- Can you share with me all of your duties and responsibilities that involve fiscal planning and financial management?
- How does your organization approach strategic planning?
- How do you approach operational budgeting? How does your organization approach capital budgeting?
- What is the most expensive aspect of healthcare delivery?
- How is healthcare finance related to the cost of care, quality, value, waste, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, provider relationships, and insurance reimbursement/payors?
- What measures has the organization used to contain costs?