Global Brand Management
|Academic year and term:||2021/22 – Spring Semester|
|Module title:||Global Brand Management|
|Learning outcomes assessed within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting||Knowledge:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Global Brand Management
Develop an in-depth understanding of the global brand management process in contemporary society.
Manage a global brand by recognising specific challenges and understanding how to respond through appropriate conceptual and practical tools.
|Type of assessment:||Summative assessment:
Individual business report (3500 words)
|Assessment deadline:||Summative: Monday 18/04/2022 by 2pm|
Instructions for assessment
- Summative assessment
The summative assessment for this module consists in an individual business report, a brand audit, on a self-selected brand. You will have to choose a well-known global brand for your assessment. This brand can be of any type (luxury, mass market, online, etc.) and from any product category (food and beverage, consumer electronics, fashion, jewellery, etc.), however you will not be allowed to use the same brand as the one provided for the formative assessment. In the brand audit, you are expected to conduct a comprehensive examination of your brand and, based on this analysis, elaborate global managerial recommendations on how to develop your brand in the long-term. Your analysis will be based entirely on information from public secondary sources and/or primary data (if necessary), company websites, as well as your own personal or professional experiences and insights.
The word limit for this assessment is 3,500 words including tables and figures but excluding references.
Your brand audit should include the following sections:
- An introduction which presents the global brand you selected and briefly describes the background about this brand including its history, vision/mission, and performance. (About 500 words)
- A brand inventory, which includes a critical analysis of the global branding strategy, brand positioning, and brand elements of the global brand you selected. In this analysis you need to consider the country where the brand was originally developed plus at least one additional country where the brand is present. (About 1500 words)
- A brand exploratory, which consists of a critical analysis of the consumer-based brand equity of the global brand you selected. In your brand exploratory you need to consider the same countries that you considered in the brand inventory and compare / contrast. (About 1000 words)
- Development of globally relevant managerial recommendations on how to develop the brand in the long-term. Based on your previous analysis in the brand inventory and brand exploratory sections, what opportunities can you identify for the brand? (About 500 words)
- A bibliography which includes all the references that you used to carry out your brand audit in Harvard format. (Not included in the word count)
How will your work be assessed?
Your work will be assessed by a subject expert who will use the marking grid provided in this assessment brief. When you access your marked work it is important that you reflect on the feedback so that you can use it to improve future assignments.
You MUST use the Harvard System. The Harvard system is very easy to use once you become familiar with it.
The Business School requires a digital version of all assignment submissions. These must be submitted via Turnitin on the module’s Moodle site. They must be submitted as a Word file (not as a pdf) and must not include scanned in text or text boxes. They must be submitted by 2pm on the given date.
Assigned mark >>
(weight out of 100)
|Very Good (70-79)
· Presentation of the global brand selected.
· Identification and description of the brand history, vision/mission, and performance.
|Outstanding and flawless.||The brand is introduced in a very effective manner. Brand history, vision/mission, and performance are correctly identified and reported in an exhaustive and critical manner.
|The brand selected is very clearly introduced. Brand history, vision/mission, and performance are correctly identified and well reported.
· Analysis of (1) global branding strategy, (2) global brand positioning, and (3) brand elements of the selected global brand.
· Use of different sources (e.g., secondary data, company website, professional or personal experience) to support the analysis.
|Outstanding and flawless.||The analysis is very well-articulated, comprehensive, and insightful. The analysis shows a critical understanding of each brand inventory element, which is examined in an accurate manner. Excellent quality sources are used to support the analysis.||The analysis is comprehensive and accurate. Each element of the brand inventory is very well applied to the brand selected in the assignment. The analysis shows a very good understanding of the theory. Sources used to support the analysis are of very good quality and appropriate.|
· Analysis of each component of consumer-based brand equity of the selected global brand.
· Use of different sources (e.g., secondary data, company website, professional and personal experience and/or primary data) to support the analysis.
|Outstanding and flawless.||The analysis is very well-articulated, comprehensive, and insightful. The analysis shows a critical and deep understanding of each component of consumer-based brand equity, which are applied in a critical and accurate manner. Excellent quality sources are used to support the analysis.||The analysis is comprehensive and accurate. The components of consumer-based brand equity are very well applied to the brand selected in the assignment. The analysis shows a very good understanding of the theory. Sources used to support the analysis are of very good quality and appropriate.|
|Development of global managerial recommendations
· Appropriateness and feasibility of recommendations.
· Connection between recommendations and previous analysis.
|Outstanding and flawless.||Development of exceptional recommendations. Recommendations are appropriate, feasible, and presented in an extremely clear and effective manner. Recommendations are built on the analysis previously conducted.||Very good recommendations are developed. Recommendations are presented in a clear and effective manner. Very good connection between recommendations and the analysis previously conducted.|
|Quality of presentation
· Writing style.
· Spelling and grammar.
· Use of Harvard referencing system.
|Outstanding and flawless.||The presentation of the assignment is excellent. Exemplar academic style is adopted. No spelling or grammatical mistakes are present. Harvard referencing system is correctly implemented throughout the assignment.||The assignment is very well presented. Appropriate and consistent academic writing style is used. There are hardly any spelling or grammatical mistakes. Harvard referencing system is generally implemented throughout the assignment.|