General property of minerals-significantamount of calcium | Homework Help
1. Which of the following is a general property of the minerals?
A. when a food is burned, the ash contains all the minerals
B. absorption efficiency from foods is similar among theminerals
C. minerals in food can be degraded by certain procecssingmethods
D. some mineras in food are destroyed by exposure to ultravioletlight
2. Approximately what percentage of weight loss duringstarvation is lean body mass?
3. Which of the following is not a known side effect of having insufficient fat stores?
B. clinical depression
C. elevated body temperature
D. abnormal hunger regulation
4. Which of the following is a characteristic associatedwith using weight measures to assess risk of disease?
A. they are expensive to perform
B. they are complicated to perform
C. they are able to quantitate total body fat
D. they are subject to gross inaccuracies
5. A person with diabetes is most likely todevelop:
D. strokes and heart attacks
6. How many carbon atoms are found in the ring structure ofthe most common dietary monosaccharides?
7. According to the current dietary recommendations,what is the maximum percentage of total energy intake that aIDedsugar should contribute in the diet?
8. Which of the following is a feature of aspartame?
A. its sweetness increases with heat
B. it is made up of three amino acids
C. it is recommended for people with PKU
D. two of its breakdown products include methanol andformaldehyde
9. The chemical reaction by which starch is split intomonosaccharides is termed:
D. homeostatic balancing
10. Glycogen is stored mainly in which of the following tissues?
A. muscle and liver
B. pancreas and kidneys
C. stomach and intestine
D. brain and red blood cells
11. What is the primary absorption site for digestable carbohydrates?
C. large intestines
D. small intestines
12. In a person with type 2 diabetes, which of thefollowing foods would ordinarily promote the LEAST favorableglycemic effect?
B. ice cream
C. baked potato
D. baked beans
13. Which of the following sweeteners contains a significantamount of calcium?
B. brown sugar
C. maple sugar
D. invert sugar
14. The complete lining of a person’s digestive tractis renewed approximately every
A. 3-5 days.
B. 3 weeks.
C. 1-2 months.
D. 6-12 months.
15.What two major nutrients are supplied by the fruitand vegetable groups?
A. vitamins D and E
B. vitamins A and C
C. protein and calcium
D. B vitamins and iron