Demonstrate an understanding of the global economics underlying fleet planning
Course code: Course name: AIRLINE ROUTE & FLEET PLANNING
Assessment: Coursework Exercise 2
Semester: 2nd (Spring) 2019/20
Date: Issued 4 March 2020,
Time allowed: Deadline for Submission
Maximum Score: 10 marks
Learning Ooutcomes: 2. Demonstrate an understanding of the global economics underlying fleet planning according to the market, constraints and the airline’s need.
- Compute data in order to successfully carry out fleet planning analysis.
- Propose an appropriate fleet type for a particular market.
- This exercise which relates to a Network Airline with hub H and outlying airports in cities A, B, C, D, E and F.
- You have been given origin-destination traffic all routes/sector sold by the airline
- Use this data to calculate
3.a RPK for the origin-destination routes indicated
3.b Populate the work sheet with data for Distance, Total Passenger Demand (Load) by sector, and RPK by sector
3.c. Based on the total passenger load, allocate aircraft capacity on each sector based on the 4 types of aircraft given.
3.d Calculate the ASK generated for each sector based on your aircraft selection
3.e Calculate the Load Factor for each sector
3.f Calculate the overall Load Factor for the network
- Note: you are expected to use programmed formulae to perform the calculations and I will expect to see the formulae in the individual data cells.