Criminal Justice Policy Analysis Assignment | Online Assignment
Policy Analysis Paper
Prepare a policy analysis paper of approximately 12 pages following the guidelines found in Guide, Criminal Justice Policy Analysis Papers found at the end of this syllabus. You must use at least ten articles (published in professional journals between 2005 and 2020 in preparing your paper. Your paper should consist of the following sections:
Title Page (APA)
Policy Effectiveness and Efficiency
Reference Page in APA format
Do not prepare an Executive Summary or a Benefit/Cost Analysis.
You are also required to complete a one-page proposal (see below) describing the policy you are planning to analyze and a reference page (APA) of five sources (professional journal articles pushed between 2005 and 2020) you found in your preliminary research. This is due on March 30th.
1. Read the Policy Analysis Guide found at the end of the syllabus.
2. Select a policy to study; begin research; gather at least 5 sources (professional journals)
3. Draft a one-page proposal describing the policy you are planning to analyze and a reference page of the 5 sources you obtained in APA format. This is due on March 19th.
Optional: Draft the Policy Description section of the paper. This section is on the 30th of March. I will review your draft and provide suggestions for you to consider when completing your paper.
This assignment is quite a large undertaking and should be started as soon as possible.
Examples of policies:
1. Drug treatment for first- and second-time drug offenders instead of imprisonment.
2. Police use of force policies
3. Drug courts or other specialty courts
4. Three strikes.
5. Police body cameras
You may wish to consult the “PARTIAL LIST OF CRIMINOLOGY/CRIMINAL JUSTICERELATED JOURNALS” Published by the American Society of Criminology https://www.asc41.com/links/journals.html for some ideas and to learn which journals would satisfy the requirements for the course