Collaborative or Principled Negotiation | Homework Help
The decision to collaborate is not a simple one to take. It may seem plausible and it may be the right choice to make.
But how can we even think about working together towards an agreed solution, when the heart is pumping furiously and emotions are at their extreme, or when we have two or more entities each fully assured that only THEIR way is the right way?
The answer is simple we need to ask ourselves: what purpose will it serve?
If collaboration will create the most advantageous options for us, and provide for optimal mutual gains, than we must proceed along that path, and put aside all other considerations and emotions.
The following articles are unique, as they account for the utilization (concept, approach and process) of PN to resolving well a conflict.
- Wall, B. M. (2010). Conflict and Compromise: Catholic and Public Hospital Partnerships. Nursing History Review. New York:2010. Vol. 18, p. 100-117 (18 pp.)
- Bustard, D.W. (2002). An Experience of Principled Negotiation in Requirements Engineering. Australian Workshop on Requirements Engineering (AWRE2002) . Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. click here: http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-69/paper05.pdf
The Case Assignment
After carefully reading through these articles, CHOOSE ONE OF THEM, and answer (in at least four pages), the following questions:
- What were the major points that made PN the EFFECTIVE method of choice (relative to other options) for your chosen case study?
- Can this approach be emulated in and to other environments? Present an example.
- Please, do not summarize the article, but rather point out the PN concept and process.
- I want to see YOUR opinions and thoughts supported by the readings
- Please present how each principle was implemented to this case.