California State University COVID 19 Florida Projections Probability Discussion I am attaching all instructions of the assignment please read them carefull
California State University COVID 19 Florida Projections Probability Discussion I am attaching all instructions of the assignment please read them carefully before you start. Assignment Requirements
While the primary purpose of this assignment is for you to think about and work with
statistical concepts, it is important after you complete your writing that you take the time to
review and edit it for coherence, completeness, and grammar. Using a grammar and spelling
program such as Grammarly is highly recommended, as excessive grammar errors and
incoherent writing will lower your grade.
For this assignment, you will play with the data and projections provided on the website of
the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation and write about what you see starting with
several questions provided. After that watch the YouTube video There will be a few more
prompts to write about. At the end of writing about both of these try to think about one way
in which basis probability could play a role in the work of your field relative to the pandemic
or parts of our society it may impact (you may come up with an idea from your own
experience or look for an article or news report that discusses it).
1. Go the following website COVID-19 Projections (Links to an external site.) (Links to an
external site.)by the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation. Take a look through the
data for Florida and one other state (try to find one where the confirmed cases are still on
the rise (looking at the graph Daily infection and testing / confirmed infection view to
make this easy to see.) Answer the following prompts and then add whatever additional
thoughts you have on the projections.
1. How do you identify the difference between data and probabilities?
2. How would you identify the sample space for each probability? Describe it for each
3. How would you identify the experiments? What do you think accounts for the
4. By examining the probabilities on the graphs, can you identify what projections
identified are objective and which are subjective? (the subjective interpretations are
based largely on human judgment and experience without calculation. While the
objective interpretations are based on concrete measures.)
5. Do you think these graphs are effective for communicating the data and probabilities
of the information identified? Do you see any limitations in the presentation of the
data and probabilities? Is there anything that could be done better?
6. Any other thoughts?
2. WatchSimulating and Epidemic (Links to an external site.)
1. What conditional probabilities are presented in this video?
2. Do you think that the data visualizations are effective? (all, some, none) Why? Do
they help you understand the differences certain interventions could have and why?
3. Any other thoughts? (Links to an external site.)
3. Identify some way that probability might inform activities your field might engage in due
to the Coronavirus epidemic.
Purchase answer to see full