1 page describing the product, object or service you intend to package, along with your stated values, goals, and questions
1 page describing the product, object or service you intend to package, along with your
stated values, goals, and questions. How does stating the values(honesty, transparency
etc..) and goals lead to scientific inquiry, i.e. specific questions you need to ask to
achieve your stated goals? Please try to identify tools that might help you answer those
Additionally, please research what else exists in this area and bring in references and
images — for instance, someone wants to design a reusable gift wrapping. If she
decides to pursue this idea, she needs links and images of existing sustainable gift wrap
to inform her design efforts.
My Design Choice: (choose one option)
1. Ice cream Package
2. Bubble Tea Package (besides change the material into paper)
1. Consider about sustainable package, how can the package for this product achieve
the goals of sustainable?
2. Consider conditions like how much carbon emissions does the factory create during
the process of making this package? (Global Warming)
3. Is there any innovated design existed already, with links and picture provided.
What is a sustainable package?
1. It’s beneficial, safe and healthy for people for its whole life cycle
2. Its price and performance are competitive
3. Renewable energy is used not only to produce it, but to ship, source, and recycle it
4. Renewable or recycled source materials are given priority, i.e., paper rather than plastic
5. Clean manufacturing best practices are used to produce it
6. Its materials are healthy throughout its life cycle
7. Its design is energy efficient and optimal material
8. It follows a closed loop design so it is either reusable, compostable, biodegradable or
Some innovated design ideas