Using the first e-Activity, choose two (2) employment laws, and examine the impact of each law on human resources management (HRM). | Homework Help
I need an answer to the following questions. I need at leat 2 paragraphs for each questions apa format with references.
Please read the e-Activies for each question
Q1. Employment Law Please respond to the following:
- Using the first e-Activity, choose two (2) employment laws, and examine the impact of each law on human resources management (HRM). Support your response with specific examples of each selected laws impact on HRM.
- Using the second e-Activity, illustrate one (1) specific example of any statute (e.g., Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, American with Disabilities Act [ADA], the Family Medical Leave Act [FMLA], or other statutes) that prohibits an organization from exercising its employment-at-will rights. Specify the rights that an employee could most successfully exercise against an organization for violating the selected statute.
- e-Activity: Go to the United States Department of Labors Website to review the Summary of the Major Laws of the Department of Labor, located at http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/lawsprog.htm. Be prepared to discuss.
- Use the Internet or the Strayer Library to research whether or not your state abides by the employment-at-will doctrine (e.g., public policy, implied contract and / or good faith). Be prepared to discuss.
Q2. Employment Relationship and Discrimination Please respond to the following:
- Contrast the primary differences between independent contractors, temporary employees and volunteers. Then, examine two (2) way2 in which each role differs from that of an employee. Justify your response.
- From the e-Activity, select two (2) employment discrimination laws, and then provide two (2) disparate treatment case using the same discrimination law. Review only the facts of the case, the legal issues relating to the disparate treatment, and the courts decision. Next, outline the steps the employer could have taken initially to prevent the discrimination in question. Justify your response.