The protein titan is huge its about 3 million daltons | Homework Help
The protein titan is huge its about 3 million daltons. Answer the following questions:
1. An average molecular weight for an amino acid is 120 daltons; how long is the coding region of the mRNA?
2. At a rate of 30 nucleotides per second how long does the mRNA take to be transcribed?
3. At a transcriptional error rate of 10^-4 how many incorrect nucleotides are incorporated in a typical mRNA?
4. If 1/3 of mRNA errors lead to incorrect amino acids (because of redundancy of the genetic code) and translation itself has an error rate of about 10^-4 how many incorrect amino acids are in a typical titan protein?
5. At a rate of translation of 2 amino acids per second how long does it take to translate a titan protein?
6. Based on the number of types of amino acids versus nucleotides propose a reason why translation is so much slower than transcription