The Effect of Adherence Therapy on Initial Treatment of Mood Disorders Assignment | Essay Help Services
The project manuscript is a required dissertation-style document that outlines all of the elements of the CSP. It is essential that the manuscript be both original, substantial and demonstrates critical thinking. A discussion of the data-driven conclusions and professional lessons learned throughout the project should also be included. The manuscript must be in proper English using correct grammar and punctuation in APA format. Each sentence must be defensible in a logical and scientific sense. If the student struggles with writing, it is recommended that he/she obtain assistance from the Brandman University Online Writing Community https://my.brandman.edu/student/OWC/Pages/Home.aspx. However, some students may need to employ a professional editor or other technical assistance as determined in mutual discussion with the Chair. For the manuscript, the final format will follow the checklist as directed by the Leatherby Library. The manuscript must follow national guidelines and be a comprehensive DNP CSP as outlined by the AACN (2006
Worth: 20% of the final grade – electronic copies will be submitted through moodle & turnitin.com (no email copies please). Instructions on how to submit will be given.
For the research assignment, you will be asked to show your level of competence in understanding abnormal psychology and abnormal behaviour. First, please read through the vignette titled “Disco Di”, as well as the supplemental document regarding Disco Di’s historical information (both documents can be found on moodle). After reading the vignette, I would like for you to research and discuss content in 3 areas – 1. Diagnostic Features/Differential Diagnosis; 2. Cultural/Gender and Social/Environmental Factors; 3 Paradigm & Treatment Methods. You will also be asked to write an introduction and conclusion for the paper.
The paper must be no more than 5-6 double spaced typed pages (12-point font) excluding the title page and references. You must have at least 5 scholarly, peer reviewed, journal references in your research paper and (e.g., American Psychologist, Psychological Bulletin). They must be current (i.e., the year 2007+). The paper must be in APA style; consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA, 2019) or www.owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/. You will also be asked to cite and reference your arguments with pertinent theories and research in abnormal psychology. Research support is a good thing!!
Essay Grading Key
- Diagnostic Features/Differential Diagnosis (5 points)
- Why do you agree or disagree with the diagnosis given to Disco Di? Please indicate the diagnostic features that accompany the disorder or the features that are not present from the vignette (2 points)
- What other disorder(s) do you believe Disco Di is experiencing? Please indicate the diagnostic features and overlapping features of the disorders (3 points)
Be sure to support your thoughts with research-based evidence about the disorder’s features and overlap.
- Cultural and Gender Factors (5 points)
- How does culture shape the diagnosis and the diagnostic features/symptoms? (2 points)
- How does gender shape the diagnosis and the diagnostic features/symptoms? (2 points)
- How does our social environment shape the diagnosis diagnostic features/symptoms? (1 point)
The diagnosis or diagnostic features can be from the diagnosis given to “Disco Di”or the diagnostic features of other related disorders. Be sure to support your thoughts with research-based evidence.
- Paradigm/Treatment Methods (5 points)
- Which 20th century paradigm best examines the nature of Disco Di’s behaviour?(3 points)
- How should her disorder be treated? Which current treatment methods or potential treatment methods would help with the client’s diagnostic features/ symptoms? (2 points)
Be sure to support your thoughts with research-based evidence.
- Introduction/Conclusion & APA Formatting (5 points)
- Introduction – purpose, objectives of the essay (1 point)
- Conclusion – Summarize your overall findings (2 points)
- APA Format – title page, references, 12 point font, 1 inch margins, etc. (2 points)
There will be a 1% deduction (from your overall mark out of 20%) for each day that the document is handed in after the deadline.