Solution-What information is stored in the dna molecule | Homework Help
1. Briefly describe how DNA fragments can be separated by gel electrophoresis. What property of DNA is used during the running of a gel?
2. For the gel that you ran, which suspect is guilty?
3. Was the evidence DNA contaminated with Jim’s DNA?
4. Who are the only individuals possessing the same DNA fingerprints (profiles)?
5. Why is PCR an extremely valuable tool for the molecular biologist?
6. What is the purpose of the following in a DNA extraction procedure: detergent, tenderizer, salt, and alcohol?
7. Why does the alcohol need to stay on top of the lysate mixture?
8. What information is stored in the DNA molecule?