Environmental influences on personality during childhood experiences
● Describe foundational research regarding personality by examining the historical evolution of the field of personality psychology
● Determine appropriate research designs used in personality psychology for application in the study of aspects of personality
● Examine issues of ethics in foundational research in personality psychology for informing appropriate conclusions
● Interpret claims made by foundational research in personality psychology for conveying appropriate conclusions that are supported by peer-reviewed evidence
● Develop basic research questions supported by peer-reviewed evidence by identifying gaps in the research of personality psychology
Literature Review: In this part of the assessment, you will:
A. Summarize the claims made by the authors of the foundational research presented in the course regarding how personality develops. In other words, what claims are made in the research about how human personality develops?
B. Summarize the claims made by the authors of the foundational research presented in the course regarding how personality is assessed. In other words, what claims are made by the research about how personality has been determined by assessments?
C. Explain how the view of personality has evolved over the history of personality psychology. Be sure to support with examples from research to support your claim.
D. Explain the conclusions you can reach about research in personality psychology. In other words, explain what we know about personality, based on your review of the research presented in the course. Be sure to support your analysis with examples from research to support your claim.
E. Describe the specific research designs used in the foundational research presented in the course used to address research questions. For example, what were the specific methods used to address their research question? What type of research design was used?
F. Explain how research designs were used by authors to conduct research in personality psychology. In other words, how did the research designs used by researchers help in conducting research regarding personality psychology?
G. Discuss how issues of ethics have been addressed. For example, how did the authors inform the participants of what the experiment would entail? How did the authors account for any potential risks to participants associated with the study?
H. Discuss how issues of ethics in personality psychology have been viewed historically. In other words, how have issues of ethics in the field been viewed over time? Has this view changed as the field has progressed? Be sure to support your response with examples from research to support your claims.