components of the pastoral spiral.
Discussion Forum One:
Consider the components of the pastoral spiral.
* Read and review the power point above. It is prompting you to consider your service using
a guide or pathway to help organize your thoughts… such is the pastoral spiral.
* After reading (and pondering) the Pastoral Cycle Power Point, respond to these four questions.
- What gifts and talents do you bring to your service?
- After reading the power point, can you identify 2 ways that the elements of the Pastoral Spiral expands your definition of charity? In other words, what elements in the pastoral cycle have caused you to reflect more deeply on your service to others? How might these new insights reflect in your volunteering?
- What is your definition of social justice?
- How do you currently go about your work for social justice?
Your reflection should be geared to the service you are currently performing, but can extend beyond that to other service with which you may have been engaged.
I am a registered nurse volunteering at a homeless shelter to help serve lunch and pack donation kits