Article Critique: What Accounts for the Variations in Nonprofit Growth? A Cross- National Panel Study
Each review will be a minimum of 5 pages of text, double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, in essay format, third person only. Provide full citation using APA.
Summarize its content, discuss the relevance/impact of the article to public management, identify and explain concepts from the readings that apply to the situation described in the article. You must cite appropriately using APA. Your critique should contain a cover page, body of text with headings taken from questions, and reference page. Cover and reference page do not count toward the 5 pages.
Use the following format as a guide in writing your article reviews. Part of the grade will be based on how well you use the following questions. A requirement of this assignment is to upload your article along with your paper. I will not grade your paper if the article is not also uploaded.
YOUR ANALYSIS OF THE ARTICLE SHOULD FOLLOW THIS FORMAT. USE THE BOLDED ITEMS AS HEADING IN YOUR PAPER
- Main Purpose: The main purpose of this article is ________________________. Then state why you think the author wrote the article.
- Key Question: The key question that the author is addressing is __________________________. Figure out the key question in the mind of the author when s/he wrote the article.
- Important Information: The most important information in this article is __________________________. Figure out the facts, experiences, data the author is using to support her/his conclusions.
- Key Concepts: The key concept(s) we need to understand in this article are _________________. By these concepts the author means _____________________________. Figure out the most important ideas that you would have to understand in order to understand the author’s line of reasoning.
- Main Assumptions: The main assumptions underlying the author’s thinking is/are _______________. Figure out what the author may take for granted that may be questioned.
- Main Implications: When taking the authors line of thinking seriously the implications are ________________. What consequences are likely to follow if people take the author’s line of reasoning seriously? Not taking the authors line of reasoning the implications are ___________. What consequences are likely to follow if people ignore the author’s reasoning?
- Main Conclusions: The main inferences/conclusions in this article are ________________________. Identify the key conclusions that the author comes to and presents in the article.
Once you answer the questions, you are in an excellent position to summarize and then analyze the article. This is to be written in a narrative format. Do not directly answer the questions in a Q&A format. Many of the articles are complicated and this kind of template helps to learn from studies found in peer review journals. You will be graded on whether or not you use these points.